WELCOME TO MY BLOG
Useful Wedding Stationery Tips
This month we see the return of our guest post with some invitation tips from LilGuy stationery owner Kim Stewart who produces handmade wedding stationery.
1. When deciding on how many invitations the first rule is that you normally have one invite per household – not per person. So work out your numbers carefully then add some extras for late additions, replacements and of course a keepsake for your album or memory box.
2. Always include an RSVP deadline date and make this up to 10 days prior to the deadline of your venue or caterer so that you have time to chase stragglers. By including a return addressed RSVP card you will be making it easy for your guests as all they’ll have to do is to fill in the back of the card and return it to you.
3. Always check your proofs carefully before signing it off. Mistakes noticed after your invitations have been made up will not only cost you to have corrected but may also affect your timescales. Also always get a hard copy of your proof to make sure you’re happy with the font size.
4. If you have any delicate embellishments on your invitations make sure that they are correctly positioned once the invitation is in the envelope to prevent them from being spoilt, or have them boxed if the design calls for it so that your invitations arrive in good condition.
5. Finally make sure you pay the correct postage for your invitations. If your invitations are embellished they may not fit through Royal Mail’s 5mm slot easily enough and could be held up. It costs a fair amount to pay to collect such items from sorting offices, which you don’t want your guests to have to do.
Fashion Stylist, Kids Fashion Stylist, Fashion Stylist London, Commercial Stylist, Brand Stylist