Do you exercise?
I have been exercising for years. But about a year ago a good friend of mine gave me a seven day challenge to walk 5k every day for 7 days and I have never looked back.
What’s funny though, I really hated it in the beginning. My thoughts were why would I walk when its quicker for me to run and get home lol. Now, whilst I still love to run, I spend more time walking with purpose every day for an hour, to set myself up for the day and because there are so many benefits to walking especially a fasted walk, I have now made it part ofmy styling business – which is all about helping career mums who are struggling to get back into shape, get the body they want and wear the clothes they love.
As a former GB international athlete and having children, I know what it’s like to on one hand have a body at its very best and then on the other hand – not and if I’m honest it has been a struggle to get my body back where it needs to be, not because I haven’t wanted to. But having children really does takes its toll and not everyone snaps back especially older mums, which is why I’ve made it my mission to not only help women look their best but by using all the wealth of knowledge I have, along with a group of former athletes called ‘The Family’ to go deeper and really help to change lifestyle habits through exercise and nutrition.
Now many people believe that you have to go to the gym or pay a personal trainer to help you get back in shape. But the simple truth is by simply walking and having a mind to walk purposefully there are a whole host of benefits. Do watch my video here where I take you back to a snowy February day to discuss this. But in the meantime here are some of the benefits of fasted walking that you might not know about.
Fasting, essentially without food in our stomachs enables our counter-regulatory hormones to kick in to save the day and provide your body with all the energy you need. Today, many people adopt the mentality of having to eat frequently throughout the day. But metabolically speaking, less is more. Once you realise that both walking and fasting are deeply innate to us, you can utilise them to make yourself healthier. It’s a simplistic approach to improving your well-being that genuinely works.
Here are some main benefits for fasted walking;
- Fat Burning – Utilising free fatty acids on an empty stomach is great for eating belly fat. You will use your body fat to burn rather than the food you just consumed.
- Mental Clarity – Ketones (induced by fasting) are a cleaner energy system that can reduce brain fog and enhance senses.
- Decreases Stress – Walking outdoors provides you with Vitamin D, which is a primary hormone/micronutrient in helping lower blood pressure. Also, anything ambulatory lowers the stress hormone cortisol. Endorphins that are secreted instantly change your mood and outlook on life.
- Improves Sleep – The more active you are during the day, the better your sleep will be in most cases. The calming effect of walking and the power of the sun get your circadian rhythm in sync with the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle. If you just get up and go out for a brisk walk every morning while the sun is up, you’ll notice that your sleep will be a lot more deep later that night.
- Anti inflammatory – Walking as little as 20 minutes can reduce pro-inflammatory cytokines. A steady reduction in inflammation can lower your risk of developing major chronic diseases.
Tip of the day:
If you have been doing the same things and not seeing results it’s really time for a change.
If this is something you would be interested in taking up or would like more information on please do sign up and fill in my wellness form so I can see what your goals are and determine how I can help you before we chat to get started.
If you are interested in finding a little more about why as a stylist I offer this service please do watch the video here.
Let me know in the comments what exercise you do and whether you have considered fasted walking?
Until next time xxx
#walkingforfitness #walkingforhealth #walkingisgoodforthesoul #weightlossjourney #walkingforweightlossformommy #walkingforweightlossbeforeandafter #walkingchallenge #walkingforweightlosswellness #walkingisgoodforthestomach #walkingisgoodforthespirit #benefitsofwalking #exercise #exercisemotivation #findingconfidence #healthybody #walkingforfitness #walkingforweightloss #weightlossjourney #walkingforhealth #fitnessjourney #selfcare #fitnessgirl #bodygoalschallenge #fitgirl #training #fitnessmotivation #newhabits #mindsetgrowth #mindsetgoals #productivityhabits